BronchoPhase, 60 Caps
Calming, Soothing Lung Relief
BronchoPhase® Lung Support Formula was developed by renowned herbalist, Dr. Jake Fratkin, to promote lung health. In addition to supporting a healthy immune response to resolve chest discomfort and soothe irritated lung tissues, BronchoPhase promotes comfortable lung function for relaxed, healthy breathing.
- Advanced all-natural herbal lung support formula developed by renowned herbalist, Dr. Jake Fratkin.
- Supports healthy immune response to promote lung health and resolve chest discomfort.
- Helps soothe irritated lung tissues to support comfortable lung function.
- Calms and clears lungs to promote natural, relaxed breathing.
What is the recommended daily dose of BronchoPhase?
The recommended starting daily dose of BronchoPhase is 2 capsules, 2 times per day.
How much BronchoPhase can I safely take in a day?
You can safely take 2 capsules, 5 times per day for a total of 10 capsules in a day. However, that should only be necessary for short periods of time to initiate results. After benefits appear, you can reduce the dose to 2 capsules, 2 times per day or 2 capsules once per day.
How do I know BronchoPhase is working for me?
BronchoPhase is a Tango Advanced Nutrition product that should make a change for you in how you feel. It should improve lung health so that you breathe more easily.
You should expect improvements to occur quickly as many of our customers report dramatic improvement in the first few days of use. The change should be very noticeable. Instead of saying to yourself, “I think this might be helping me”, you really should be able to say, “Wow, I feel a lot better.”
Usually, very clear results show up in the first month of use for most people.
Do I have to take BronchoPhase forever?
Everybody has a different set of circumstances that will determine how their lung health will improve when using BronchoPhase. Your response to the supplement will be determined by your individual health circumstances. Problems with lung health may be long-standing over many years. This may determine how soon you notice positive changes and how long you may need or wish to take the formula.
However, the formula is strong enough so that everybody who will get benefits should expect them in the first month of use.
When positive changes in lung health happen, you can lower your dose gradually by one capsule at a time every 4-5 days and expect to see continued benefits. The reason for this is that, as with all true health-promoting supplements, BronchoPhase provides restorative results.
Some people will be able to discontinue BronchoPhase and switch to a different supplement that provides daily benefit for all of their health concerns. Others will take the formula on an as-needed basis. And some will take it daily to counter any ongoing stresses they experience in lung and nasal function.
When should I take BronchoPhase?
The most important consideration in taking BronchoPhase is to use it daily and consistently. Convenience makes regular use possible, so including BronchoPhase in your regular supplement routine is a good idea.
You can take BronchoPhase with or away from meals.
Morning and early evening are the best times to take the formula to spread out its benefits over a 24-hour period.
Some people take BronchoPhase about 1 hour before bedtime to make sure they have beneficial nutrients working while they are sleeping.
Can I take BronchoPhase with other supplements?
Yes, you can take BronchoPhase with and at the same time as you take other dietary supplements.
I take over-the-counter/prescriptive medicines. Can I take BronchoPhase with them?
You can take BronchoPhase while you are using other products for your any health condition. However, you should always take BronchoPhase or any other supplement at least 2 hours away from any medication to reduce any possible risk of interaction.
If you have any questions about using BronchoPhase or any other supplement while you are using medications of any type, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Can I combine BronchoPhase with some of your other products like AllerPhase or ImmunoPhase?
Yes, you can take BronchoPhase with AllerPhase and/or ImmunoPhase. However, we suggest starting at a lower dose of each than is recommended on the bottle as there is some overlap in function between the three supplements. You can increase the doses of each by one capsule per day until you feel the effect that you are trying to achieve.
You can also call one of our product specialists if you have questions about how best to combine our formulas. The toll-free number for product questions is 1-866-778-2646, ext. 2.
Can a woman take BronchoPhase if she is pregnant or nursing?
No, we do not recommend that a woman take BronchoPhase if she is pregnant or nursing. This is not because BronchoPhase is unsafe but because there have been no safety studies performed on the ingredients in BronchoPhase for pregnancy and nursing.
Can children take BronchoPhase?
Children age 6-12 can take 1/2 the adult dose, or one capsule, two times per day.
BronchoPhase is not recommended for children under age 6 as they have supplement needs that differ from older children and adults.
Can I give BronchoPhase to my pet (cat, dog, or horse)?
Yes, however, you should contact a holistic veterinarian for advice on the dose you should give to your pet, since animals vary widely in size and speed of metabolism. Both of those factors determine doses for supplements for animals.
Is BronchoPhase tested for contaminants that could harm my health?
Yes, we regularly test batches of our formulas to make sure they meet strict quality control guidelines recommended by government regulatory agencies.
Are there any side effects from taking BronchoPhase?
BronchoPhase does not cause drowsiness or make a person sleepy. It also does not contain any stimulants that might cause jitteriness or lack of sleep.
What do I do if I think taking BronchoPhase is causing me discomfort?
The most common discomforts experienced by a tiny percentage of people when taking any vitamin, mineral, or herbal formula are digestive upset or very mild allergic reactions such as skin itching or irritability.
These minor discomforts usually disappear by taking a lower dose or by taking the supplement with meals.
If you should experience discomfort when taking BronchoPhase and it does not go away with these suggestions, then discontinue use and contact our product specialist for further recommendations at 1-866-778-2646, ext 2. If we cannot determine a way for you to continue use of the product to gain its benefits, then we will arrange for a full refund for you.
I see that BronchoPhase contains licorice. Will that raise my blood pressure?
No, there are less than 5 mg. of licorice powder in each capsule of BronchoPhase.
This means that glycyrrhizic acid, the active ingredient in licorice responsible for elevating blood pressure is about 0.2 mg. per capsule. At the largest recommended dose of BronchoPhase per day of 10 capsules, you would be getting 1.6 mg. per day of glycyrrhizic acid.
Studies have shown that continuous use of 100 mg. per day of glycyrrhizic acid is safe and does not elevate blood pressure.
You would have to take 500 capsules or 8+ bottles of BronchoPhase per day to even reach this safe amount of 100 mg. per day of glycyrrhizic acid.
Coughing is an obvious sign of poor health and the leading reason for patient visits to doctors. Over one billion dollars are spent annually on over-the-counter (OTC) cough remedies for cough issues, yet the American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP) has recently reported that OTC cough expectorants and suppressants don’t address the underlying causes of the cough, and often don’t help at all. Antibiotics are also of limited value, since 95% of all coughs are viral in nature. Antibiotics may be helpful for reducing phlegm, but they can weaken the immune system.
Traditional Chinese healing practices takes a different approach to cough, relying on classical formulas, some dating back to the 15th century, that remain popular today and continue to be used by millions of people throughout Asia. Significantly, a growing body of scientific research has shed light on properties of traditional herbal ingredients historically used to support lung health.
Andrographis (Chuan Xin LIan, Andrographis Paniculata) Andrographis has been shown to be a safe traditional botanical for supporting upper respiratory tract health, per analysis of seven double-blind controlled trials.1 Andrographis has been shown to inhibit RANTES secretion in inflamed bronchial cells.2 RANTES is a chemoattractant for eosinophils, monocytes and lymphocytes that is stored in, and released by, platelets and activated T-cells.
In related research Andrographolide, an active ingredient in Andrographis, has been shown to be responsible for the herb’s inflammatory modulating actions, including the reduction of cytokine and peritoneal deposition of neutrophils, and modulation of lung inflammation in vivo.3 Extracts of Andrographis exhibit potent inflammatory modulating and antioxidant actions in mouse models.4
Scutellaria (Huang Qin, Radix Scutellaria Baicalenses) Scutellaria root has a long history of use in China to support a healthy immune system.5,6 In related research Baicalein, a major flavonoid in Scutellaria, supports cardiovascular health.7 Research shows that Scutellaria root modulates inflammatory activity to inhibit nitric oxide (NO), cytokine, chemokine and growth factor production in macrophages.8 Scutellaria has been shown to inhibit histamine and leukotriene release.9
Gardenia Jasminoides (Zhi Zi, Gardenia Jasminoides) Genipen, an active ingredient in Gardenia, regulates inflammatory activity in mice study.10 Geniposide from Gardenia enhances glutathione content in rat livers. Glutathione is an important immune system amino acid that helps determine modulation of immune response, including cytokine production.11
Morus Alba (Sang Bai Pi, Radicis Cortex Morus Alba) Morus alba extracts have been shown to regulate mast cell degranulation and histamine release.12 In a related study, a polysaccharide from Morus root has been shown to have immune-modulating activity.13
Belamcanda (She Gan, Rhizoma Belamcandae Chinensis) An active ingredient from Belamcanda, irigenin, has inflammatory modulating properties in macrophage immune cells.14
Asparagus (Tian Men Dong, Asparagus Cochinchinensis) Extracts from Asparagus root have been shown to modulate inflammatory actions.15
Trichosanthes (Gua Lou Ren, Semen Trichosanthes) Trichosanthes seed extracts contain inflammatory regulating ingredients, including triterpenes.16
Fritillaria (Chuan Bei Mu, Bulbus Fritillaria Chirrhosa) Fritillaria bulb is considered an anti-tussive herb, with imperialine identified as the major bioactive component.17
Platycodon (Jie Geng, Radix Platycodon Grandiflorum) Platycodon root has been widely used in China for upper respiratory inflammatory issues. Active ingredients platycodon D and D3 increase mucin release in rat and hamster tracheal cells and provide useful expectorant effects.18 In related research Platycodon extracts exhibit inflammatory modulating effects on human-cultured airway epithelial cells.19 Platycodon regulates inflammation via diverse pathways including modulation of IL-8 secretion by microglial cells.20
Stemona (Bai Bu Radix Stemona) Stemonines from Stemona root display anti-tussive activity in a guinea pig cough model.21 In related research, stilbenoids, including resveratrol from Stemona root, inhibit leukotriene formation.22
Licorice (Gan Cao, Radix Glycyrrhiza Uralensis) Glycyrrhizin from Glycyrrhiza root helps to modulate airway constriction, lung inflammation and infiltration of eosinophils in bronchial areas.23 In related research Glycyrrhiza root promotes CD4 and CD8 immune cell function.24 A related study identifies the main anti-tussive active ingredients in glycyrrhiza root in various phases of the cough response.25
BronchoPhase is appropriate for all ages, including children above the age of 6. For infants less than 6 years of age Chinese herbs should be given only by an experienced practitioner.
- Coon JT, Ernst E. Andrographis paniculata: a systematic review of safety and efficacy, Planta, 2004 Apr. Pubmed ID: 15095142.
- Ko HC, Wei BL, Chiou WF. The effect of medicinal plants used in Chinese folk medicine on RANTES, Ethnopharmacol, 2006 Mar 17. Pubmed ID: 16621378.
- Xia YF, Ye BQ, Li YD, Wang JG, He XY, Lin X, Yao X, Ma D, Slungaard A, Hebbel RP, Key NS, Geng JG. Andrographolide modulates inflammation by inhibition of NF-kappa B activation through covalent modification of reduced cysteine 62 of p50, Immunol. 2004 Sep 15. Pubmed ID: 15356172.
- Sheeja K, Shihab PK, Kuttan G. Antioxidant and inflammatory modulating activities of the plant Andrographis paniculata Nees, Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2006. Pubmed ID: 16684672.
- Yang ZC, Wang BC, Yang XS, Wang Q, Ran L. The synergistic activity with eight traditional Chinese medicines, Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces, 2005 Mar 25;41(2-3):79-81. Pubmed ID: 15737531.
- Ma SC, Du J, But PP, Deng XL, Zhang YW, Ooi VE, XU HX, Lee SH, Lee SF. Chinese medicinal herbs, J Ethnopharmacol 2002 Feb, Pubmed ID: 11801383.
- Huang Y, Tsang SY, Yao X, Chen ZY. Biological properties of baicalein in cardiovascular system, Curr Drug Targets Cardiovasc Haematol Disord, 2005 Apr;5(2):177-84. Pubmed ID: 15853750.
- Kim EH, Shim B, Kang S, Jeong G, Lee JS, Chun M., Inflammatory Modulating Effects of Scutellaria baicalensis extract via Suppression of Immune Modulators and MAP kinase signaling molecules, J Ethnopharmacol. 2009 Aug 20. Pubmed ID: 19699788.
- Lim BO., Effects of wogonin, wogonoside, and 3,5,7,2′,6′-pentahydroxyflavone on chemical mediator production in peritoneal exudate cells and immunoglobulin E of rat mesenteric lymph node lymphocytes, J Ethnopharmacol, 2003 Jan;84(1):23-9. Pubmed ID: 12499072.
- Koo HJ, Lim KH, Jung HJ, Park EH. Evaluation of gardenia extract, geniposide and genipin, J Ethnopharmacol. 2006 Feb 20. Pubmed ID: 16169698.
- Kang JJ, Wang HW, Liu TY, Chen YC, Ueng TH. Modulation of cytochrome P-450-dependent monooxygenases, glutathione and glutathione S-transferase in rat liver by geniposide from Gardenia jasminoides, Food Chem Toxicol., 1997 Oct-Nov. Pubmed ID: 9463529.
- Chai OH, Lee MS, Han EH, Kim HT, Song CH., Morus Alba (Radicis Cortex Morus Alba) (Sang Bai Pi) Effects of Morus alba on compound 48/80 and anti-chicken gamma globulin IgE- mediated mast cell activation, Biol Pharm Bull, 2005 Oct, Pubmed ID: 16204934.
- Kim HM, Han SB, Lee KH, Lee CW, Kim CY, Lee EJ, Huh H., Immunomodulating activity of a polysaccharide isolated from Mori Cortex Radicis, Arch Pharm Res,, 2000 Jan, Pubmed ID: 10896055,
- Ahn KS, Noh EJ, Cha KH, Kim YS, Lim SS, Shin KH, Jung SH. Inhibitory effects of Irigenin from the rhizomes of Belamcanda chinensis on nitric oxide and prostaglandin E(2) production in murine macrophage RAW 264.7 cells, Life Sci., 2006 Apr 11;78(20):2336-42. Pubmed ID: 16307761.
- Kim H, Lee E, Lim T, Jung J, Lyu Y., Modulating effect of Asparagus cochinchinensis on tumor necrosis factor-alpha secretion from astrocytes, Int J Immunopharmacol. 1998 Apr-May;20(4-5):153-62. Pubmed ID: 9730251.
- Ozaki Y, Xing L, Satake M. Iinflammatory modulating effect of Trichosanthes kirilowii Maxim, and its effective parts, Biol Pharm Bull, 1996 Aug;19(8):1046-8. Pubmed ID: 8874813.
- Chan SW, Li SL, Lin G, Li P., Pharmacokinetic study and determination of imperialine, the major bioactive component in antitussive Fritillaria cirrhosa, in rat by high-performance liquid chromatography coupled with evaporative light-scattering detector Anal Biochem. 2000 Oct 1;285(1):172-5. Pubmed ID: 10998280.
- Shin CY, Lee WJ, Lee EB, Choi EY, Ko KH., Platycodin D and D3 increase airway mucin release in vivo and in vitro in rats and hamsters, Planta Med., Mar. Pubmed ID: 11914958.
- Lee JH, Choi YH, Kang HS, Choi BT., An aqueous extract of Platycodi radix inhibits LPS-induced NF-kappaB nuclear translocation in human cultured airway epithelial cells, Int J Mol Med., 2004 Jun. Pubmed ID: 15138622.
- Jang MH, Kim CJ, Kim EH, Kim MG, Leem KH, Kim J., Effects of Platycodon grandiflorum on lipopolysaccharide-stimulated production of prostaglandin E2, nitric oxide, and interleukin-8 in mouse microglial BV2 cells, J Med Food, 2006 Summer. Pubmed ID: 16822201.
- Lin LG, Zhong QX, Cheng TY, Tang CP, Ke CQ, Lin G, Ye Y. Stemoninines from the roots of Stemona tuberosa, J Nat Prod., 2006 July. Pubmed ID: 16872143.
- Adams, M, Pacher T, Greger H, Bauer R., Inhibition of leukotriene biosynthesis by stilbenoids from Stemona species, J Nat Prod., 2005 Jan. Pubmed ID: 15679323.
- Ram A, Mabalirajan U, Das M, Bhattacharya I, Dinda AK, Gangal SV, Ghosh B. Glycyrrhizin, Int Immunopharmacol., 2006 Sept. Pubmed ID: 16846841.
- Brush, Mendenhall E, Guggenheim A, Chan T, Connelly E, Soumyanath A, Buresh R, Barrett R, Zwickey H., The effect of Echinacea purpurea, Astragalus membranaceus and Glycyrrhiza glabra on CD69 expression and immune cell activation in humans, Phytother Res., 2006 Jun 28. Pubmed ID: 16807880.
- Kamei J, Saitoh A, Asano T, Nakamura R, Ichiki H, Iiduka A, Kubo M., Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic profiles of the antitussive principles of Glycyrrhizae radix (licorice), a main component of the Kampo preparation Bakumondo-to (Mai-men-dong-tang), Eur J Pharmacol, 2005 Jan 10. Pubmed ID: 15659306.
Directions: Adults: As a dietary supplement, take 1 or 2 capsules, 3 times daily. Children aged 6-12: 1 capsule, 2 or 3 times daily.
Note: BronchoPhase is not recommended for children younger than age six due to the fact that their immune systems are different from those of older children and adults.
Not recommended for pregnant or nursing women.
Serving Size: 2
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Common Herb Name (Latin Name)||Pin Yin Name|
|Belamcanda Rhizome||She Gan||*|
|Trichosanthes Seed||Gua Lou Ren||*|
|Chinese Asparagus Tuber||Tian Men Dong||*|
|Zhejiang Fritillaria Bulb||Zhi Bei Mu||*|
|Bitter Orange Fruit||Zhi Ke||*|
|Chinese Skullcap Root||Huang Qin||*|
|Stemona Root||Bai Bu||*|
|Andrographis Herb||Chuan Xin Lian||*|
|Gardenia Fruit||Zhi Zi||*|
|White Mulberry Root Bark||Sang Bai Pi||*|
|Platycodon Root||Jie Geng||*|
|Apricot Seed||Xing Ren||*|
|Licorice Root||Gan Cao||*|
|* Daily Value not established|
79 reviews for BronchoPhase, 60 Caps
Reviewed by 57 customer(s)
Leave feedback about this
You may also like…
Herbal Supplements, Bone & Joint Support, Circulation Support, Heart, Cardiovascular Health, Lung Support, Memory, Cognition Support, Save with This Month's Specials, Tango
Herbal Boost, 60 Caps
Healing Support-10%Herbal Supplements, Bone & Joint Support, Circulation Support, Heart, Cardiovascular Health, Lung Support, Memory, Cognition Support, Save with This Month's Specials, Tango
Herbal Boost, 60 Caps
Advanced Physical Support and Recovery Formula
- Developed by Dr. Dexin Yan to aid older patients in need of extra assistance in dealing with life’s harshest challenges
- Based on the powerful tonifying herb, Cordyceps, to support physical health, healing and recovery
- Includes traditional herbs referred to as the “three pillars of healthy aging” for their ability to support:
- Energy production
- Cardiovascular and circulatory health
- Immune function
- Free radical scavenging activity
- Quality of blood components (red cells, white cells, platelets, and plasma)
- Dr. Yan also included an advanced blend of herbs used to support and maintain the major organ systems (heart, liver, kidneys, etc.)
to aid in maintaining optimal health after recovery*
Herbal Supplements, Immune Health Support, Lung Support, Sinus Health Support, Tango
AllerPhase, 60 Caps
Pollen DefenseHerbal Supplements, Immune Health Support, Lung Support, Sinus Health Support, Tango
AllerPhase, 60 Caps
All-Natural Relief From Pollen, Dust, Molds and Dander
AllerPhase is perfect for individuals sensitive to seasonal and perennial pollens, house dust, molds and pet dander. Our proprietary, all-natural herbal formula works to support the overall health of the respiratory system, especially during seasonal outbreaks that affect the nose, sinuses, eyes and lungs. AllerPhase also supports a healthy immune response to aid in regulating against future reactions.*
- Designed for individuals sensitive to seasonal and perennial pollens, house dust, molds and pet dander.
- All-natural formula, utilizing herbs long used in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Non-drowsy and not a CNS stimulant.
- Provides support for overall healthy immune system function.
Assists with my asthma and even helps my husband to breath a little easier with IPF.
Really works for coughs.
Got this for my husband with lung issues. He was without this for a few days and his coughing spells came back. Won’t be without it now!
Great stuff clears lungs. Stops the cough and helps clear out airway.
Hidden Gem Supplement
This product is a hidden gem! It was recommended to me when I was ill with bronchitis by a naturopath . I had been getting sick with bronchitis almost every winter. I began taking BronchoPhase and recovered from the illness. The next time I started getting sick and had respiratory symptoms I began taking BronchoPhase and the symptoms stopped within a day or two. I had been so sick each year I would miss a week of work at minimum. Colds would trigger asthmatic symptoms. Now anytime I have any respiratory symptoms I take it and am well within a day. I have not had bronchitis since. I highly recommend this product!